Celebrate the spirit of magic and empowerment within all of us with this Cinderella-themed party for women. This party is perfect for a: Sister or Girlfriend Retreat … Women's Play Day … Bridal Luncheon … Book Club … Mother's Day … A "Thank You" for the special woman in your life … or, To celebrate that special achievement!
Wishmakers International is a modern, fictional Fairy Godmother network that believes that, with a little help from our friends, every woman can achieve her full potential, dream … or wish.
Theme: Cinderella's Glass Slipper (a symbol of getting our wish … or when life is a "perfect fit.")
Invitations: Can be hand-made if you've got Martha Stewart blood in your veins. To create the "Glass Slipper" on the front of the invitation, use a rubber stamp, embossing ink (from the stamp store), and heat-applied crystal glitter. Above and below the glass slipper: hand-print, or computer-generate in script, "You Are Invited … to celebrate the magic within … at a "Wishmakers" party. Inside: (Depending what the party is for) Come join us in congratulating (name) on achieving her goal of becoming a doctor! Dreams do come true!" or "Come celebrate the magic of books with a discussion of (whatever book your club is reading)."
You get the idea.
Dress: Fun, fanciful, maybe just a little dressy, after all, it's fun to get all spiffed up … and you are celebrating!
- Dark blue (or purple) table cloths (very spiritual colors), decorated with little glittery
"slipper" stickers place all around, (or glittery confetti), and silver metallic curled ribbon.
- Little (plastic) Glass Slippers at each place setting … filled with gold confetti or small candy. They're really pretty if you set each one on a piece of wide, blue velvet ribbon w/silver trim, and tie a tiny silver ribbon bow at the base of the heel. You can get these at party supply, or wedding supply stores.
- Helium-filled dark blue (or purple) balloons with silver metallic streamers.
- Extras that would be nice: A Fairy Godmother magic wand for the table (symbolizing the focus on our wishes) … individual tiaras (to remind us that we have power over our destiny) … and the little mouse "Gus" from Cinderella (symbolizing the helpful friend).
This really depends on what type of party and how much you like to cook. But, celebration foods are definitely in order. And don't forget the chocolate for dessert!
Fairy Godmother Game:
You will need:
Guests should write their greatest wish on a piece of paper. Then all the pieces of paper go into the bowl. The host or guest of honor gets to pick one wish at a time from the bowl and read it aloud. Each guest must write down the person's name they think the wish belongs to. The guest whose wish is guessed most often correctly wins! (not the person with the most correct guesses). After all, part of achieving your wish is to put it out there in the world … to state your intent. The person who has their wish guessed most often has obviously been telling everyone about it … that's good! Let the magic begin!
- A large crystal or clear glass bowl (in keeping with the Glass Slipper theme).
- Pens and 2 sheets of paper (sparkly is nice) for each guest.
- Prize: It would be nice to have a small real glass slipper, but any of the table decorations will work